Photo Courtesy: Park Place Dealerships
We are so thankful for our Car Pro dealers who are helping their communities during this holiday season. Our friends at Park Place Dealerships in Dallas-Fort Worth are among them. The dealership group is hosting a food and toy drive to collect items that will go to those in need this holiday season, which is an especially tough one for many families. You can drop off a donation at one of the Park Place dealerships, or go online to purchase a gift in a virtual holiday toy drive. On the website, you’ll find a list of children matched up with a toy.
“Park Place cares about our community and we are happy to provide support to those in need,” said Anam Ali Hashambhai, marketing director for Park Place Dealerships. “There are many families struggling this year due to the pandemic, and Park Place continues to seek out opportunities to help. By supporting the Community Partners of Dallas’ virtual toy drive we are hoping to fulfill thousands of wishes for children who might otherwise not receive a gift this year. Our individual dealerships are also hosting contact-free drop-off collection points for some of our community partners.”
Park Place will also have a presence at NorthPark Center in Dallas this holiday season, which provides another way to donate. Beginning December 3 and continuing through December 14, Park Place vehicles will be on display at NorthPark Center in Dallas with a scannable QR code so patrons can donate while shopping. Again, virtual shoppers can visit a personalized Holiday Toy Shoppe to donate a toy to fulfill a specific child’s wish at helpcpdkids.org/parkplace/. Toys range from $10 - $28 and are sorted by gender, age, and a description about each child. The deadline to fill wishes in the virtual Holiday Toy Shoppe is 5 p.m. Friday, December 11.
Other ways Park Place will also support the local communities include:
- Toy drop at Park Place Volvo, 3515 Inwood Road at Lemmon Avenue in Dallas collecting new unwrapped toys for the Marine Toys for Tots
- Food drop at Park Place Lexus Plano, 6785 Dallas Parkway (off Dallas North Tollway at Spring Creek Parkway) in support of Minnie’s Food Pantry through Friday, December 4. The Lexus dealership is also collecting new unwrapped toys in support of the Children’s Advocacy Center of Collin County through December 9
- Park Place Lexus Grapevine, 901 E. State Highway 114, is collecting new unwrapped toys for the Marine Toys for Tots through December 9
- Park Place Lexus Plano and Grapevine are also supporting Children’s Advocacy Center of Collin County and local Grapevine charities, respectively, with a $50 donation for every new car sold during the month of December
- Park Place Jaguar Land Rover, 1300 E. State Highway 114 in Grapevine, is collecting new unwrapped toys to support GRACE Christmas Cottage
- Park Place Porsche and Mercedes-Benz dealerships at 6107 Lemmon Avenue (near Love Field) in Dallas are supporting the Community Partners of Dallas Virtual Toy Drive and members are also supporting the Salvation Army Angel Tree
- Park Place Corporate, 350 Phelps Drive, Irving, is collecting new unwrapped toys for Irving Police & Fire Blue Christmas.
Park Place Cares
The holiday food and toy drive campaign is part of the Park Place Cares program. It supports more than 250 organizations around the Dallas-Fort Worth area throughout the year. Park Place’s members are also given the opportunity to volunteer their time and resources in their local communities.
Teams from each of the Park Place Dealerships are currently involved in a build for a Habitat for Humanity home in Dallas. The build began October 7 and will be completed early next year. In all, Park Place members will contribute approximately 1,000 hours on the construction of the home.